Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Working on the Support Legs


So back to the giant support legs. I have them attached to the roll-in and concreted down into the ground. So what’s next?! Oh’ a whole lot more my friends! See if pressure is applied to them then they will want to bend mostly outwards. So the time I spent today and over this week was finishing up the cross braces for the support braces (which I didn’t accomplish much on) and fully screwing in all the ply on top of the roll-in. I got a lot of the wood cut for the supports but the fun part was hauling a big sheet of plywood 19ft up to the roll-in. My solution, I found a long rope and tied it around the ply and the sides so if I pulled it up it would remain straight and steady.
This was fun and scary at the same time because I had that dead weight I was pulling up and had to keep my balance so it didn’t pull me over. Its not like I had any safety bars to keep me from going over. So at last with the rope all wrangled and tangled around my hand I got it topside safe and sound and finished screwing the piece in. It fit like a glove, now the legs needed some love but I became busy with a few other matters and the 20th build day was approaching soon…..

No comments: